Hi everyone! I know I’ve been slightly out of it the past few weeks, but life has been a crazy mix of friends and academics. I’ve recently moved back to my beloved New York City, where I’ve felt like a tourist again. From orientation, a new campus and visiting old favorites, it’s been very easy to get sucked up into the bubble that is NYC. However, today, I got an amazing surprise from a fellow blogger who nominated me for a Liebster award! Here are the rules –
Firstly, a Liebster Award is an award given by bloggers to bloggers. It’s amazing to be recognized by people who do the same things you do. I definitely feel the love! ❤ Once you’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award, you have to do the following –
1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers. They should be bloggers that you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love.
5. Post 11 questions for the bloggers that you nominated to answer.
6. Let all of the bloggers know that they’ve been nominated. You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you.
Let’s begin! 🙂
1. THANK YOU for the nomination Lit Laugh Love! I love reading (self-confessed English major) and am obsessed with books of all genres and kinds. I love her reviews on new books that I’ve been dying to read, and she also reviews books that I have never heard of, which always leaves me excited! Besides this, she also peppers her blog with random lit facts and some amazingly deep personal articles. Please check out her blog – it is amazing!
2. 11 random facts. Let’s go –
- I have an unhealthy obsession with coffee.
- I have a scar below my lower lip from cutting my chin on a bunch of food cans in the supermarket when I was four years old.
- I have never broken a bone.
- I’m the ultimate girly girl – spas, manicures, pedicures – I’m obsessed.
- Words are the most powerful thing in the world to me. The power of words is unlike anything I’ve ever experienced before.
- You can take the girl out of NYC, but you can’t take the NYC out of the girl.
- I’m one of the few people who have never had braces.
- People crave chocolate. I crave rice.
- I need my food to be ridiculously spicy to enjoy it.
- I love traveling – three of the places I want to visit next are Bora Bora, Mykonos and Marrakech.
- I’m not religious, but I do believe in God.
3. Here are the answers to the 11 questions I got from Lit Laugh Love.
- What is your favorite part about blogging? I love that I can write about whatever I like, without any restrictions from anybody else. Being in journalism school, I often have to write about things for other people. When I blog, I write just for me, and I get to connect with other people who have similar interests.
- Wine, whiskey, or water? Wine. Preferably sparkling wine and champagne 🙂
- Do you have a food weakness? Share it (be specific, you can’t just say “candy”). I can’t resist cheese. Cheesy fries, fondue, mac and cheese, cheesecake..Cheese is food from the gods, people.
- What is your favorite old movie (pre-1990)? Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Audrey Hepburn is a goddess.
- If you had to choose between a second entree or a dessert, which would you choose? (I personally will always pick a second steak over one steak and a cheesecake.) If the dessert is chocolate, it will always be dessert.
- If you could be a superhero for a day, who would you be? I want to be the Invisible Woman from Fantastic Four. Invisibility = loads of possibilities.
- If you could be part of a TV show for a day, which one would it be? Gossip Girl. Manhattan luxury and a fair dose of drama would be so interesting to live out, if only for a day.
- How many times in your life have you changed your mind about your favorite color? Never. Blue. Always.
- What is your advice to someone dealing with a bad day? Get some hot chocolate, curl into bed, and read. You’ll be better in the morning!
- Do you prefer to exercise indoors or outdoors? You’re welcome to say exercise is not your thing. Indoors. I don’t like nature. Spin class, barre class or the treadmill are my favorites.
- There’s always something we wished we had said to ourselves or to someone in our lives. You don’t have to share it here, but acknowledge it and maybe write it down somewhere. Consider it motivation for a little daily catharsis. 🙂 Let’s share it, because everyone needs some motivation once in a while. I wanted to tell myself that it’s okay when life doesn’t go as planned. Mistakes happen, and it’s how you pick yourself up after that matters the most.
4. Mention 11 amazing bloggers. Since I’m not sure about the number of followers these bloggers have, I’ve just mentioned my favorite blogs anyway. Enjoy!
- Khushboo’s Blog – a truly inspiring blog about healthy living
- Splicelit – About literature and the connections we make with it
- What We Like NYC – An amazingly well-researched guide about the wonder that is NYC
- Daily Nibbles – Travel, food and exercise are all covered in this blog
- Prada for Breakfast – An art, fashion and culture blog
- Kicking Kilos – One of my favorite weight loss blogs – really cute and inspiring!
- Chocolates & Raspberries – A personal blog inspired by fashion
- The Life Styled – SUCH a lust-worthy clothes blog!
- Espanork – Finding Spain in NYC
- Out of Focus – A personal blog about..well, anything
- Running With Spoons – A blog about living well and being happy 🙂
5. 11 questions my fellow bloggers need to answer!
- Coffee, tea, or chocolate?
- Why did you start blogging and when?
- What is your favorite workout?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- Name a book or movie that changed your life.
- Name a mantra that you live by.
- Describe your perfect day.
- Do you eat to live or live to eat?
- What is one trait you wish you had?
- Name one thing you’re grateful for today.
That’s all guys! 🙂 ENJOY, and happy nominating!